Fees & Policies
- In order to add your child to our waiting list there is a non-refundable registration fee of £25.00 which needs to be paid on application and guarantees your child a place start date depending on availability.
- Fees are payable half-termly in advance and within 7 days of receipt of invoice to secure your child’s place. Cheques should be made payable to Busy Bees Pre-school
- Refunds will not be given if your child is absent from the Pre-school for any reason, this includes family holidays and illness.
- In the event that the Pre-school has to close you will be re-imbursed fees paid for any days missed. There will be no charge for bank holidays.
- Cost per session is £15.00 (3 hours).
- Settling in sessions: Please note if you are a fee payer the initial 2 week settling in period which is 1 ½ hours will be charged at a rate of 10.00. However, after the two-week settling in period, regardless of whether your child has settled and stays for the whole session, a sessional rate of 15.00 will be charged from then on.
All children are entitled to a maximum of 15 hours free education (in term time only) from the term after their third birthday, numbers permitting. As parents you will be required to provide the pre-school Manager with evidence of your child’s date of birth in order to receive this free entitlement.
Families who are in receipt of benefits with children aged 2 years and 3 months+ are entitled to up to 15 hours free education per week in term time only via Hertfordshire County Council’s 2year old Funding Scheme. However, it is Busy Bees Pre-school policy that the full entitlement is only offered at the discretion of the Pre-school Manager. Families will be offered a minimum of 2 sessions (6 hours) per week, up to a maximum of 3 sessions (9 hours) per week initially. When the staff feel that a child is able to cope with an increase in hours this will be offered up to a maximum of 15 hours per week, if numbers permit.
There is a 2 year old Funding Scheme for parents, to check your eligibility for funding you will need to contact the South Oxhey Children’s Centre Manager on 0208 700 2203. Or research this online https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-2-year-olds
Safeguarding and welfare
Equality and inclusion
Documentation and record keeping